Monday, December 10, 2012

Simple Beans and Rice, an easy start to no more meat Mondays

An oldie but goodie.  What I love about this recipe is that it is really easy and only takes minutes to put together.  The longest part is waiting for the rice, however we just got a pressure cooker with a rice setting and that has become, easy peasy too.  The second thing I like about this recipe is that it is flexible, you have your choice of different kinds of rice, salsa or beans.  When I change these up I like what I get.

Ingredients:

1 to 1.5 cups of UNCOOKED rice
cooking spray
med size onion
15oz jar of salsa
2 15oz cans of beans (of your choice, I like red and black)

1.  Cook rice according to package directions.

2.  Chop up onion, spray frying pan and cook onion till translucent.


3.  Put in salsa.
4.  Drain then put in both cans of beans
5.  Mix onion, salsa and beans.  Let simmer so that it gets a little thick.
6.  Add rice, mix and serve.


Yes, it's that simple!  You can watch the video below.


No comments:

Post a Comment